What is this study about?
The purpose of this study is to get input from those that have dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) and their caregivers on certain study questionnaires. These questionnaires are used in clinical trials to assess recent symptoms that may affect behavior of those living with the condition.
What is involved?
- A person with DLB and their caregiver will participate in two telephone interviews (and an optional third telephone interview) which can be done from their own home
- The two telephone interviews will be scheduled from 1 to 3 days apart
- The optional third telephone interview would be scheduled approximately 2 weeks after the second interview
- Each telephone interview will take one to two hours to complete
- There is no medical treatment involved
- Participant pairs will receive a $100 payment ($50 each) to compensate for their time for two interviews, or a $200 payment ($100 each) to compensate for their time for three interviews
Who can participate?
- Are 50 years or older
- Are fluent English speakers
- Have been clinically diagnosed with dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB)
- Have any level of cognitive impairment (none, mild, moderate, or severe)
- Have a caregiver that is also willing to participate in the study
How can you participate?
If you and your caregiver are interested in participating in this study, please complete this short, online survey. These questions will help determine your eligibility to participate in this study. Individuals will be notified of whether or not they are selected to participate.
Axovant Sciences, Ltd.
Still have questions?
Contact the primary investigator, Aaron Yarlas, by phone at 401-642-9245 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.